Pregnancy and Infant Loss Doulas
Providing on-call care 24 hours a day. If you need a Loss Doula immediately, please call Nicole at 505-237-1066.
The loss of a baby at any age or stage is a tragedy, but you must know you are not alone. Inspired is proud to have access to the wonderful services of a Loss Doula to help parents through the tragic loss of a pregnancy or infant, or a pregnancy after a prior loss.
The Role of a Loss Doula
- Help give control to the family
- Keep family fully informed and supported at all times
- Inform parents of choices – pros and cons and information learned from other families choices
- Communicate options and resources to family
- Advocate and guide to empower parents
- Assist family and staff in making memories
- Provide support resources and assist with family’s transition
*Taken from the Loss Doula International website.
“My personal experience with loss, as well as my training, helps me to provide comfort and care to the mother and family experiencing the death of a baby at any time during pregnancy and around the time of birth.” – Nicole Dodson-Sands
Nicole and Inspired will provide emotional and informational support, as well as guidance in regards to creating a birth preference plan, assisting with memory making and providing postpartum resources.
Services are offered on a donation basis or sliding scale. Please do not let finances prevent you from calling during this time of need. 505-237-1066.
Donations can be made via Paypal for services, or for the annual Loss Walk facilitated by Nicole.